Unfortunately, Apple included a bug in the upgrade to iOS 5. This turned off local notifications for most apps, including ours, which means that the timer doesn’t work properly if you exit the app, and your routine reminders will not be working. This only affect customers who upgrade from iOS 4, not for new installations on iOS 5.
Here is how you can fix this by switching notifications back on for HomeRoutines.
- Open the Settings app
- Select “Notifications”.
- Scroll down to the “Not in Notification Center” section.
You’ll probably see HomeRoutines in there.
- Tap the HomeRoutines line to enter its settings.
- Turn on “Notification Center”
- Set the Alert Style to “Alerts”
- Turn on “Sounds”
- Turn on “View in Lock Screen”
Sorry for the hassle – but it seems like there’s nothing we can do to correct this for existing customers who upgrade to iOS 5.0 at the moment except ask them to manually fix it. Apple are working on a fix, though.
Please let us know if we can help with anything else.